Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world and one of the most widely viewed. It is a team sport that involves two teams of five active players each trying to score points against one another by throwing a ball through a 300 cm (10 feet) high hoop (the ‘basket’) Under organized rules.
As well as being a great way to stay fit, basketball can also:
- Help you to make new friends and see them regularly teach you about being a good team player
- being a good team player
- Be played by people of all ages and all abilities
- Be played all year round because it’s usually an indoor sport
- Be a fun game that kids of all levels and ages can enjoy
Basketball is a fast moving game that involves a lot of variety, including shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding, defense and much more.
Health benefits of basketball:
- Burn calories (630–750 calories an hour)
- Build endurance
- Improve balance and coordination
- Develop concentration and self-discipline
- Build up muscle.
- Aerobic exercise.