Nut-Free Granola Bars
2 cups – Dry oats
2/3 cup – Coconut Sugar
1 cup – Whole Wheat Flour
½ tsp. – Baking Soda
1 tsp. – Baking Powder
1 tsp. – Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. – Salt
1 tsp. – Vanilla Extract
½ cup Honey
2 tbsps. –
¼ cup -Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Raisins
All of the ingredients were poured into a bowl, mixed together, and pressed inside a 6×9 pan. Next we baked at 325* for 20 minutes and let cool down entirely before serving.
- 2 cups certified gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 cup gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp. oil (canola, corn, grapeseed, etc.)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raisins & sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently stir the gluten-free rolled oats and ground flaxseed together. Spread out in a layer on the baking pan/sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Pour the oats/flaxseed mixture into a large mixing bowl. Gently stir in the gluten-free crispy rice cereal. Set aside.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Stir in the Mountain Mambo seed and fruit mix and stir to coat evenly.
- Use a spatula to scoop and spread the mixture into the lined 8″x8″ pan.
- Cover mixture with either another piece of parchment, aluminum foil, or plastic wrap and press down on the granola bars to fill the corners and flatten. Keep pressing as hard as you can to compress the bars and even them out. This is what will help them stay together later instead of falling apart!
- Place pan in refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting.