Have you ever been in the mood for some Asian food but did not want to go out to get it?
Here at Circles we have found a slow cooker recipe that we tried and would like to share with our readers. Hope that you like this recipe as much as we did.
Supplies that you’ll need are:
1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
½ cup Honey
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Ketchup
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and spread on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. In a bowl mix together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced onions, vegetable oil,and garlic powder; pour over the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove the chicken and place onto a plate set aside
5. Add cornstarch to the sauce by dissolving cornstarch with water and stirring until
6. Cook on high for an additional 10 mins or until sauce thickens up a bit.
7. Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds to your liking.
To serve in a pineapple like we did, start by hollowing out a half a pineapple to
make it a more restaurant like presentation. Cut the cook time in half by cooking
the chicken and sauce on high and serving with instant rice