Nostradamus once wrote, “Nothing in the world can one imagine beforehand, not the least thing; everything is made up of so many unique particulars that cannot be foreseen,” yet many people believe he could predict the future and that some of his prophecies have or will come true.
Here are a few predictions; some that failed and some that have appeared to come true:
PREDICTIONS THAT FAILED:
1. Nostradamus claimed that in 1999 in the seventh month The Great King of Terror will come from the sky. Many believed that this predicted the world was going to end. It didn’t happen.
2. Nostradamus predicted that in approximately 2006 there would be a Great War (WWIII) like those who ravaged the 20th century. In his own words, “On September 6, 2006, white people of the west will be attacked.” Many awaited the date in fear. It didn’t happen.
3. Nostradamus predicted that a large popular uprising would bring many taxes to an end. He wrote that “The people will refuse to pay taxes to the king”; and it is believed he was referring to the 2011 protest in the Middle East. However to date no taxes have been abolished in any of these countries.
PREDICTIONS THAT SEEMED CORRECT:
1. The Second World War, which lasted from 1939-1945, is said to be one of Nostradamus”s greatest predictions. It is believed he was referring to Hitler when he wrote,
“From the depths of the West of Europe, a young child will be born of poor people, he who by his tongue will seduce a great troop; his fame will increase towards the realm of the East.”
2. It is believed that Nostradamus was referring to 9/11 when he wrote, “Earth-shaking flames from the world’s center roar and make the Earth around a ‘New City’ quiver.”
3. A portion of one of Nostradamus’ prophecies says, “The great man will be struck down in the day by a thunderbolt” and “Another falls at night time.” This is believed to have predicted the assassinations of John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy.