Nothing ruins your holiday spirit like slaving over a hot stove. Circles has a favorite slow-cooker recipe that brings together classic country ingredients for that down-home taste. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and then the slow cooker takes care of the rest, allowing you more time to enjoy the holiday season with friends and family.
As with preparing any food; first wash your hands with soap and water.
Ingredients and equipment needed:
• Bone-in Country Ham
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon whole cloves
• 3 cups apple cider
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 orange
• 1 cup maple syrup
• Slow cooker
• Serving Platter
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Serving Fork
1. Press whole cloves into ham (distribute evenly) and place the ham into the slow cooker.
2. Pour half of the apple cider in to slow cooker (2 inches of the ham should be above the cider).
3. Place brown sugar on top of the ham – pressing into the cloves.
4. Pour the maple syrup over the ham.
5. Season the ham with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves and vanilla extract.
6. Pour remaining cider over the ham and spices.
7. Peel orange and place the peel in the pot.
8. Cover and set to low.
9. Cook for 8 – 10 hours.