Most people know that an apple is better for you than a doughnut, and a spinach salad is better than a bacon cheeseburger. Often it seems our taste buds have a mind of their own and we get cravings that challenge a healthy diet. Here are some ideas to help you satisfy those cravings and make healthier choices If you are having a sweet tooth grab some fruit and a modest amount of cool whip and get to dipping . If you’re craving something salty throw out those regular chips and try the wonderful baked chips or even grab a handful of cashews Want a crunchy snack? let some light cream cheese and spread it on celery or multi-grain crackers. There are healthy and great tasting food choices.for all your cravings, but the healthiest choice of all is everything in moderation .
1 oz serving of pork skins OR 1 oz serving of nuts
A bag of potato chips OR A bag of sunflower seed kernels
Fresh tomatoes OR Canned tomatoes
Sweet potato OR Baked potato
Hummus OR Ranch
1. Pork rinds. Pork rinds have more protein and less fat than nuts and have zero carbohydrates.
2. Sunflower seed kernels. They are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and have lots of vitamins and minerals.
3. Canned tomatoes. They are cooked first releasing powerful anti-oxidants.
4. Sweet potatoes. They are lower in calories and have more vitamins.
5. Hummus. A 2 Tbsp serving of hummus has only 50 calories, 3 grams of fat, and is a good source of
vitamins and protein